Friday, February 6, 2009

Field Trip to Culver City Galleries

Last week we took a field trip to Culver City galleries to gather inspiration for our projects. we visited:
Suzanne Vielmetter LA Projects
Roberts & Tilton
Blum & Poe
Lightbox
LAXART
Honor Fraser
Angstrom

Here are some photos from our trip...

Checking out Becca Mann's show at Roberts & Tilton


How does she do that...? Andrew and Amaris


Neidy


Nouri & Jessica




About to see the new Nara show...







At LAXART...





At Angstrom...

1 comment:

  1. Sherin- since I wasn't actually on the field trip, I've posted comments on others' posts. I commented on Amaris' post as well as Emily's.

    I'm so jealous of everyone who was able to attend! I love visiting galleries and did it often in Dallas.

    The Nara show is fantastic (from what I've seen on our blog). I really love that more flat, cartoon-like designs are making their way back on to canvas. I am a huge Lichtenstein fan, and I feel like these images may be somewhat of a counterpart for our generation.

    Oddly, I'm attracted to the muted tones (very NOT typically me, I like bright colors).

    I really would like to have seen Becca Mann's work as well. I was not familiar with her work at all until I saw the blog posts, but I will definitely be doing some more research on her work. As I mentioned on my comment on Emily's post, love that her subjects often disappear. I like it when art leaves you with a mystery and lets you finish the piece on your own.

    I'm so sad that I missed this field trip and hope that we have another one soon! Glad to be back in the studio- I missed you all!

    ReplyDelete