Friday, November 12, 2010

BLT TOUR



BLT TOUR

I toured the BLT design studio this afternoon with AIGA, and I'd have to say it was an INCREDIBLE experience. I really didn't know how the design industry worked on a behind-the-scenes basis until I saw their studios. We got to tour the facilities and see how all the different aspects of marketing and poster production- photography, design, illustrators, etc.- are all housed in the same building. Although they still keep a few traditional illustrators employed, I was really surprised at how digital the whole process is. I was inspired by the level of dedication and love that the designers have for their industry and their work- it takes so many sketches and paintings before a finished product can ever be decided on. I'm not including any photos or detailed descriptions, because the BLT studio allowed us to see a lot of confidential procedures and information behind the scenes, but I will definitely say that it was an eye-opening and inspiring experience. In fact, for my Drawing homework this weekend I'm thinking about making movie posters for some of my favorite classic films.

The Star Trek poster at the top was designed by BLT for the recent JJ Abrams film- it was my favorite poster I saw during the tour. So elegant.



No comments:

Post a Comment