Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stefan G Bucher Book Signing

Being that I had just finished a presentation on the designer, I was more than thrilled to attendStefan G. Bucher's book signing, on February 15th, 2011, only a few blocks from campus at Skylight Books in Los Angeles. I went alongside my classmate Alexandra, and we both were very excited to meet the designer/writer, and take a look at his book. The event was for Stefan's most recent book, You Deserve A Medal, a book with the most obscure awards, leaving something for every individual. When we arrived, Stefan was deep in a conversation with a few of the other guests, so we slid around the group towards the back of the bookstore. The guests were dining on wine, crackers, cheese and vegetables, and reading through Stefan's book, in addition to the different entertainment books throughout the store. Alexandra and I read through multiple books & magazines that sparked our interests. I hadn't been to many bookstores in Los Angeles, but after seeing what all they had to offer at Skylight Books, I have since then decided to venture to others around town. Being that there were so many people at the event, we weren't able to get a conversation in with Stefan, but I was still a great experience to see the live personality behind his eccentric books and designs.





Written By Monica Ahanonu

No comments:

Post a Comment