Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Reflection on Collaboration Project: ONE DOLLAR A DAY

For the collaboration project, Derek, Danielle, Will and I crated a non-profit One Dollar a Day box that a person would receive after they had already committed to the non-profit. The Box included the logo on front and the "One Dollar a Day" title on the side flap. Inside the box, there was a pamphlet about the non profit organization, a card of the country which the child is from (that the person who committed to the non profit is helping), a thank you card to the person, a card to pass on to a friend to get involved in the non profit organization, 2 stickers with the logo of "One Dollar a Day", a key chain and a picture of  the child. The box itself can serve as a picture frame for the picture of the child.

Throughout this entire process, we all made decision together in terms of what colors to use, what to include in the design of the box, and much more. What was really good is that we constantly communicated with one another. We also met up on weekends to work on the project and made sure that we were on task with the assignment in terms of the deadline of the project. Overall  I felt that I could express my opinion or make any suggestions within the group and not be intimidated. I felt like I had a voice in the project.

Despite the final product not being as good as we had hoped, the process of this project made me really consider how designers work in the real world. It also made me consider a potential future in design and perhaps even take more classes to really enhance my skills in design. I truly enjoyed this group, the fact that we were able to all have a say, make final decisions together and work really well together was awesome. I really liked my group and this project overall.






No comments:

Post a Comment