Sunday, September 7, 2014

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Observational Study

Lucy Aaron

For my project, I decided to portray cinnamon toast crunch because while at a glance they are identical, when looking at the pieces individually the various differences are noticed. I thought that these cereal represented society because individually people, or a single piece of cereal is considered ordinary or unimportant. However when you put a group of individuals together or grab a handful of cereal, that is when the differences are noticed, whether that be personalities, exterior appearances, or in this case the various sizes and curvatures of the cereal. Originally I tried to create a 3-D sculpture out of the cereals to create a more enticing and aesthetically pleasing presentation to the viewer, helping to accentuate the differences and uniqueness of each cereal, but because of their different curvatures they didn't balance well together. That also fits into my metaphor about individuals in society because if you try to fit everyone into one environment or in one setting, the social structure will fail because of everyones individual differences. Because of this challenge, I therefore I took the photo from eye level as well as from bird's eye view, to still capture the various facets and portray my point. 


No comments:

Post a Comment