Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Project 2

































So first I want to apologize for the quality of these images, I took them on my blackberry and for some reason they won't upload onto my computer...so I took pictures of my blackberry.

Alrighty, so my artist was Milton Glaser.  He was very famous for his logos and icons but also did a variety of different art. In order from left to right my styles are balance, movement, repetition and economy of space.  I didn't exactly copy any of his work. I zoomed up on some and took some ideas and themes and then of course added my Indian touch on all of them.

For my economy of space theme I used the lettering of this piece:

















My movement piece is based off this logo of Milton Glaser's.  I zoomed in and added my own flare. =)

















My balance piece is based off this image...originally I drew Gandhi and that gave me the idea to do India and then Sherin gave me the idea that India kind of looked like a heart..so there it is!



















I can't find a picture of my repetition inspiration online..but it was a man standing backwards wearing a hat with all those curves and lines going across his figure.  

Cutting out my movement piece took hours!!! I really do like the final result, but I'm not even lying, my thumb to this day is still a little bit numb from holding the exacto for so long.
= )

No comments:

Post a Comment