Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Extra Credit

David Garibaldi
David Garibali performed at the Bovard Auditorium on Monday, March 1st 2010. Garibaldi is a young, new, hip artist with his own show: Rythem and Hue. In this show he combines his love for art and music and creates giant masterpieces in eight minutes or less. If you dont believe me, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Uy5T4x-p4 to see for yourself. These painting are 6 foot portraits of pop icons all done to music and what seems to be in a blink of an eye. At the Bovard Auditorium I had the pleasure to see Garibaldi paint Lady Gaga, Obama, Michel Jackson, and lastly Einstien. What made Einstien so amazing and the reason why I posted the picture was because not only did he do this is 8 minuests but he also did the entire portrait upside down.

Garibaldi is a huge inspiration of mine, and this is the second show of his that I have seen. I can really appreciate the work he does because i do the same type of performance art myself. My one big show was at the Talent show I painted the Joker UPSIDE DOWN as well, in 6 minuets to music and won first place! (my picture shown)
He has a very inspiring show and talks about his hard times growing up in LA and only having illegal Graffiti to express himself. He tells the audience that all you need is passion for your dreams to come true. To prove this, he has started a fund raiser for non profit organizations and has raised over $500,000. It is his goal to reach a million by the time he is thirty. It was an amazing show and I really recommend watching Garibaldi's work but nothing can truly inspire you more than a live performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment