Monday, May 7, 2012

LACMA College Night



On April 5 I attended College Night at LACMA. It was a great experience and there was an huge turnout of college kids who came to check out some awesome art and enjoy the reception and complimentary food. While there, I was able to view both the Wonderland surrealist exhibit as well as the California Design exhibit. Both had some really interesting pieces in their collection. It was really cool to see how the stye of such things as clothing and furniture have changed throughout the years in the California Design exhibit. The surrealist exhibit had some awesome stuff in it as well. I enjoyed the pieces by Frida Kahlo. I had never really heard of her before so it was cool to learn about her and see some of her work. My favorite exhibit however was Chris Burden’s Metropolis. It was an amazing collection of toy race car tracks built around a large model city. It was really crazy to think about the time and effort that went into it and how if was able to function so perfectly with so much going on. All in all it was a great trip to LACMA and I would recommend it to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment