Thursday, December 13, 2012

LACMA: Kinetic Sculpture


       This past weekend I had the opportunity to visit the LACMA. Being my first visit ever to the LACMA, I was astounded by the sheer size of the museum itself. There were exhibits varying from Traditional Japanese Art to Surrealism. One of the artist's work I most admired was that of Chris Burden. His exhibit, Metropolis II, is a giant, kinetic sculpture created to depict the ever-moving city. It seemed to resemble a child's image of a "hotwheels track" from heaven- racing cars, trains, and skyscrapers. The exhibit operated during every hour (I believe there is a schedule online available so you can see when it moves, then you won't have to wait for it!). Here are some pictures of Metropolis II- it is truly a spectacle you will want to visit in person.






Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment