Thursday, December 13, 2012

LACMA Visit

Our visit to the Los Angeles Coumty Museum of Art was a really inspiring and enjoyable experience. The Ken Price sculptures were probably the highlight of my visit because I would never imagine there could be so much to sculpture. It's astonishing to see how Price incorporated shape, color, patterns, and texture into a 3-dimensional art piece through such a unique process. Quite honestly I have a hard time seeing the aesthetic appeal in some of his works, but the most impressive aspect was the creation of the pieces.

My second favorite has to be Ed Ruscha because I really admire his designs, and to see it in person is really quite a unique experience as opposed to seeing it through a computer screen. The Drawing Surrealism exhibit was personally inspiring for me because I took drawing for the first time this past semester, and I never really understood the importance of line and how to preserve line quality until I saw this exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment