Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Favorite Designer (and My First Post)!

Hello! This is my first post!!! May it be the first of many (hopefully good quality) contributions to the blog. How exciting!
I've chosen a designer named Paul Morrison for an upcoming class project. He's from the UK and did his MA and Postgraduate work at Goldsmiths College of Art. His art features a lot of varied line measure, negative space, and organic subject matter. I really like his work and his style. Hope you do too!

by Paul Morrison























I think this is my favorite of his pieces. The asymmetry and economy made it stand out to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I think this work is relevant to the first project for our design class in that he created something in a negative space. The vertical lines on the sides establish stability and structure, but I like the fact that the center is filled with intriguing design. At first, I thought it was simply an abstract design. After looking at it more closely I was excited to find out that it is a drawing of a water reflection of trees and a moon.

    ReplyDelete