Thursday, November 14, 2013

LA Art Walk 11/14/13

Tonight was a magical night to be in Downtown LA.  Mixing and Mingling with the locals really made me feel like a true Angelino.  The art walk makes DTLA come to life with vibrants music filling the streets and twinkling lights hung above through the streets.  Each studio has its own unique vibe--some grungy street art, other international influence, and some eclectic mixes of local art.  One of my favorite series of works was scratchboards by Todd Lychkoff.  I was amazed by the precision of each scratch and I wanted to know more about the process of making such an intricate piece and the ability to create depth.  My favorite piece was one of the moon reflecting upon the lake.  This piece evoked fond memories of summer nights at the lake with my Dad when we sit by the campfire and just talk about everything.  It was amazing how much time I could spend just looking at each individual board.  I wanted to get closer to see the minuscule little scratches and then stand further away to see the whole composition.  The Next Art Walk is December 12! I highly recommend it! You can take the Expo Line to 7th and walk throughout the self-guided tour.  Also, I recommend trying Big Ban Bakes--a cupcake shop along the way--try the strawberry--it is delectable! :) It is also fun to stop by The Last Bookstore which is nearby.  Here you can satisfy your literary art cravings and even see a few spokane word performers on a lucky night!

No comments:

Post a Comment