Sunday, February 9, 2014

Hello!

Hi everyone! My name is Savina and I am taking FADN 102 this semester. I was born in Korea, and moved to New Zealand when I was seven. Then I attended high school in Irvine, and now I'm here! My major is business administration. I am also planning to minor in Communication Design and Advertising. I really enjoy going to my design classes; I think it's a nice break from numbers and letters.

I would like to share my experience at a photography exhibition that I went to during winter break of 2013 when I went back to Korea: Ryan McGinley's Magic Magnifier.

Ryan McGinley  is an American photographer who was one of the youngest artists to have a solo show at the Whitney Museum of American Art. He was a graphic design student at Parsons NY. The theme of "Magic Magnifier" was youth.

These are some of McGinley's works:





 I think his works represent the freedom, love, and the automatic excitement that comes with "being young". Photos were taken when he went on a road trip with his actual friends. Models are all naked to symbolize freedom, and not being chained by societal norms.

No comments:

Post a Comment