Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Getty Villa


As a city girl at heart, I always feel the need to be “on the move,” especially here at school where we are constantly starring at our computers for hours in the day (doing work or procrastinating). I push myself to either go on a beautiful hike, such as in Malibu or Runyon Canon, or see a new exhibit or landmark.
Two Saturday's ago, many museums offered free admission, such as LACMA, Getty Museum, MOCA, etc…My friend and I visited the Getty Villa. I was in awe with the gardens and fountains. I felt as though I was somewhere far away from California, or some sort of secret garden. The structures of the houses were old, yet the café and other structures were all designed with modern and contemporary styles. Yet, both the new and old styles worked together.
Here are some pictures I took of the villa.





No comments:

Post a Comment