Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Los Angeles Art Convention

How great is it that we could attend a well-known art convention just a mile down from USC? I was blown away with how many artists and the diversity of artists the convention had on display. It was nice to walk around and recognize artists, such as Damien Hirst and Mr. Brainwash, and also discover knew artists that intrigued me. I was very fascinated by Craig Alan’s work—most of his artwork had a 3-dimentional aspect. I was also very intrigued by Edie Nadelhaft’s work. For example, he had a display of pills with different abbreviations on them, which brought a light, witty vibe to the white wall (see photo below).

If you did not get a chance to experience this art convention, I encourage you to visit next year!


1 comment:

  1. I am so upset that I missed the LA Art Convention! In my Visual Culture and Literacy class this morning, my teacher mentioned a panorama nearby that is set up in an old theater with a cool outdoor space. She suggested that we go check it out and it's only a walk away from school! Here's the link to the website: http://www.panoramaonview.org/about_onthepanorama.htm
    I'm curious to check it out and see if it's interesting, but here's something else nearby to check out if you have time!

    ReplyDelete