Monday, October 19, 2009





The theme for my project was makeup and the effects of the products in daily life. My first piece (top left) used the element of movement. What my intentions were with this piece was to make it look like the nail polish was dripping out of the bottle as it fell on to the surface. I could have done a much better job by choosing a different angle for the objects and made it more proportional.
For the second piece (top right) I used the element of repetition. I was trying to throw in a different perspective by being abstract with the lips and the lipstick, showing different types of lips and lipstick. I strongly believe that if I had enlarged the lips, the piece would have been stronger overall.
For the third piece (bottom left) I used the element of emphasis in economy. I zoomed into a nail polish bottle with nail polish spilling out of the bottle. This piece was kept very simple and minimal for emphasis in economy.
For the fourth piece (bottom right), I used the element of balance. It shows a lipstick in the middle, and chopped up parts of the lipstick on the sides to give it balance. For this piece, it would have been more successful if the center lipstick was not so much in the middle, and the idea was played around a little more perhaps with smaller chopped up parts of the lipstick or even different variations of sizes and thicknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment