Sunday, October 18, 2009

Extra Credit - Garboushian Art Gallery Grand Opening

On Saturday, October 10th, I went to the grand opening of the Garboushian art gallery in Beverly Hills. As the father of my best friend, Herair Garboushian has been collecting antique and contemporary art as a hobby ever since I knew him. Every time I would go to their house, I felt like I was in an art museum because there were sculptures, pottery, and small to large pieces of art work displayed on every wall in every room. He has been working on opening this gallery for a very long time and when it was finally opened, we were so excited for him. There were many different artist's painting and sculpture displayed at the opening that caught my eye. Some of them were Nee Chu, Keith Martin, Michelle Knoblauch (one shown in this picture), and my favorite was a painting by Don Suggs. They all seemed to have very abstract pieces but unique to match their styles. Don Suggs painting was very inspirational because although it was quite abstract he used his brush to make smooth transitions from one area to the next, resulting in formations of a human figure. On top of this, he seemed to add another layer of more geometric shapes to make these figure more precise. I also admired his choice of colors in this art piece. Overall, I enjoyed going to this art gallery and look forward to many more collections Mr. Garboushian will bring to the house and his gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment