Saturday, January 16, 2010

Three Points and a Picture


"My left patella
1. .'..at the junction of my left femur and tibia and fibula
2. ...currently suspended, partially, above the aforementioned. Possibly off-center, possibly inflamed, possibly in danger of becoming permanently damaged.'
3. Continue describing it long-windedly.
4. I could tear a hole in my jeans and expose my knee.
5. Put a knee brace around the spot except over my patella, thereby framing it.
6. I could paint the thing--It's not that difficult to locate.
7. I could have someone surgically remove it, but that would be a bit disguting and impractical.
8. Look at my knee.
9. The other day Makena [friend] struck me squarely in the right knee. I could have that done to my left knee, either by myself or someone else.
10. I could cover it with my hand, while trying to get up, for example.

Sydney's [suitemate] left iris
1. 'Located in her left eye socket--appears as our right.'
2. 'Currently (2:45 PM) aimed at a word on some text somewhere in a distant room in the BME vicinity.'
3. Today she's wearing black with light blue embellishments that make her eyes stand out. Have her wear colors that match her eyes.
4. Draw an arrow under her left eye, pointing up, on her cheek.
5. Photograph it.
6. Cover it with an eyepatch.
7. Paint the surrounding area with orange makeup.
8. Again, surgically remove it, but that's undesirable.
9. Tell her there's something in her eye--make her run to the nearest mirror.
10. List ways to focus on her eye--You're currently focusing on it, though you've never seen it.

The tip of the second hand on my watch.
1. Point to it.
2. Remove it.
3. Put my ear to my watch.
4. Watch it.
5. Draw it.
6. Remove the hour and minute hand from my watch.
7. Film it ticking.
8. Tap along as it ticks.
9. Record its ticking noise.
10. Photograph it close-up passing a second mark on the watch face."

No comments:

Post a Comment