Friday, April 16, 2010

Art Against the Empire









The LACE (Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibition) opened an exhibition about political posters around the world. Most of the posters were about the past wars that historically created a big impact around the globe. Each poster symbolized some kind of morality, ethics, and satire about politics and war, and was really powerful telling messages about them.

Looking at the posters, I was intrigued and influenced how messages were portrayed. The posters were very clever. When looking at the Korean War posters, my head was filled with my grandmother's past stories about how she was able to survive in that tragic era. Realizing how these posters impacted many others, I was influenced and thus was able to create what I have done for project 5. I mainly took the idea of making my poster, like most of the political posters, portraying my message without being too literal. My trip to the exhibition truly helped me mold my ideas, and I would like to visit LACE for other upcoming exhibitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment