Wednesday, December 8, 2010

ART WALK by Luis Villanueva



A few weeks ago I found out about this event that happens here in downtown once every month. It’s called ART WALK. When I first went to this event last month, I seriously didn’t know what to expect. But as I saw the open galleries, the free orderves, and the artwork I was hooked. Beautifully set up and remarkably well-organized, ART WALK has become the place to see and be seen. What is ART WALK you ask?

ART WALK is an event held in downtown’s Gallery Row (Main St.) when art venues are open to the public. At no charge for admission, this event has certainly drawn in local Los Angelinos who never would have considered themselves ‘artsy.’ To me it is remarkable to see the exchange of ideas that goes on in this short-lived event both among artist and non-artist. Seriously, CHECK IT OUT if you haven’t already. The next one is tomorrow Dec. 9th!

No comments:

Post a Comment