Thursday, December 9, 2010

The PMCA


The Pasadena Museum of California Art was an enlightening experience. I have never been to a museum as contemporary as this one, and it sure brought me up to speed with the contemporary art world. The theme of the Museum's Biennial was sustainability. I found the theme quite relevant to our present world, due to climate change, renewable energy, and global warming (amongst other issues) being important concerns of our times. By far I thought that the designs which dealt with transportation embraced the theme the best. Most of us use some form of transportation everyday, and it tends to be expensive and/or rather industrial. The designs for transportation were sleek, innovative, and best of all, took account for the transportation's environmental impact. I found the purses made of beetles and/or feathers to be the least compelling. I though that in comparison to transportation and other designs, that they were the least useful and wouldn't appeal or effect on a grand scale that efficient technologies would.

No comments:

Post a Comment