Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pasadena Museum of California Art by Luis Villanueva

A small museum nestled in the middle of downtown Pasadena, the Pasadena Museum of California Art was an experience to remember. At first glance I didn’t expect much form an exhibition floor that seemed no bigger than a house. However, I found the pieces in this museum to quite interesting and innovative. Never fully seeing the extent to which fashion has become an art form, I was particularly intrigued by the clothing. Its variety ranged from psychedelic jump suits, to razor blade dresses to sustainable clothing made up of recyclable materials, everything in this museum said; “funky-funky-fresh!” Remarkably the trip was worthwhile and I definitely believe I have found a new art venue that interests me.

No comments:

Post a Comment