Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Thought and Experience

Hi again!

  I was just reflecting about my experience working in a collaborative project for Design 102. It was great to see what I would eventually be doing in higher devision classes and perhaps beyond this university and I learned some things along the way. The first is that if I have an idea, no matter if it's the first thought that comes to mind or something that I've drawn one hundred sketches for, it's worth mentioning. This was my first collab project and not to mention my first design class ever so I suppose it was natural that I was a little timid. However, once I became more comfortable with my group, I noticed I was able to speak out a little bit more and good thing because we ended up using a few of my ideas, even if they had to be tweaked but I liked that. I mean, that is the whole idea behind a collaboration. The second thing is that things aren't always going to work out. Compared to others, I wouldn't say my team had the easiest time getting things accomplished and I got the glimpse of rushing things to meet a deadline that people often talk about. No matter the situation, though, I learned I just have to do my best and be there for my team--even if it can be a bit frustrating. Along with that, I have to be happy with the end product because I don't want to put my name on something that I'm not completely happy with. Overall, it was a great experience and it showed me that this is something I might actually want to have a future in. I love the idea of creating and presenting work, I just have to make sure it's my best work always.

Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment