Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Collaboration Project : Samantha Alpert


For this collaborative project, our group decided to work with collaging and creating a fashion look book with the use of art. Throughout this project I learned a lot of skills that not only will make me a better designer, but also will help me when I enter the working world.
After pairing up with our 402 partners and agreeing on the idea, we were begun figuring out a way to integrate everyone’s strengths and skill sets into the final project. Faye was very interested in the business and marketing aspect of the brand as she was responsible for creating the pitch and developing a marketing plan as to who are target audience would be. Marisa was very interested in learning about typography as she explored many different type -aces and fonts that would be good for our look back. Hemmie and I were both very interested in the fashion aspect of the book, as we wanted to be in charge of creative aspects such as the layout of each page, the collages, and the vision of the brand. After the first meeting I was extremely excited to work on this project but then things ended up taking a turn for the worst.
         When working on the project I felt as if the 402 students weren’t opposed to listening to mine and Marisa’s ideas. Throughout the entire project we were assigned busy work like coping and scanning pictures and searching for models while they took more charge in the overall project. Our ideas were always shut down and if they didn’t like they something they would simply say “no” and not explain what we could do to make it better. The end product was not at all what I visioned which not only was upsetting but somewhat embarrassing. No one wants to present a project that they aren’t proud of. The paper quality that they chose was cheap and sloppy looking and ending up looking like a prototype rather than a final product. As a result of this I decided to continue building this project and imputing my creative visions and ideas into the final look book, which I hope will look more successful.
          







No comments:

Post a Comment