Friday, January 17, 2014

A Bit About Me

Hey! My name is Julia and I am studying public relations at the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism. I am also hoping to pursue a communication design minor, which is why I am especially excited to be taking this class. I can't wait to learn more about composition and design and experiment with various mediums. For my first post, I decided to share some work by one of my favorite artists.

Vladimir Kush is a Russian surrealist painter and sculptor. After seeing his work in Las Vegas for the second time, I am even more fascinated by his great attention to detail and source of inspiration. Many of Kush's paintings appear to portray one thing but upon closer examination the viewer is exposed to various elements that all work together to create a complete piece. Often times with Kush's pieces, it is necessary to take a step back and admire the piece from afar in order to see all of the elements the painter intended to be shown.

Here are a few of my favorite pieces by Vladimir Kush:









2 comments:

  1. Awesome description of Vladimir Kush and great favorites - portrays an interesting intersection of dreams and reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how surrealist all these works look. Gives them a very ethereal vibe.

    ReplyDelete