Thursday, December 11, 2014

Milton Glaser Revamped

I decided to take on a little challenge and played with lines and flowers for a project. I liked the geometric shapes and rigidness that lines could create, as well as how simple straight lines mixed with curved lines could create an illusion. As for flowers, my mom would always show me artwork where artists would use flower petals as a girl's dress, and so flowers/ pressed flowers has interested me. The soft, gentle aspect of flowers mixed with the rigidity of straight lines creates a contrast that intrigues me, and so I wanted to create something combining the two.

Also, when we did research on artists, Milton Glaser stood out to me, but I wasn't able to incorporate his style into my previous projects. I took this extra project as a chance to be inspired by him, and decided to use his Bob Dylan poster as my primary inspiration piece. When I put all of my thoughts about Milton Glaser, lines, and flowers, this is what I created:


When I flipped my piece over to put glue onto it, the back looked like this, which I thought was nice and interesting as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment