Monday, October 5, 2009

Project 2

The theme of my project is cars. The inspiration is Bridget Riley. Although my work do not necessarily show that much op art, it gives little hints of it. I like Bridget Riley's op art because there is some sort of illusion going on. My designs are different parts of a car that shows a depth in space. There is a pretty balance contrast between the black and white, which was similar to Bridget Riley's work. In many instances, I tried to incorporate a circular pattern optical illusion into my theme, but it just didn't seem interesting and instead looked really awkward.


For this design, I used the principle repetition. This is basically the side grill a car, particularly model after the BMW M3. I repeated the three strip objects that are attach on top of the grill and also the little dividing parts within the grill itself. For this, I tried to add op art, but instead focused more on contrast between the black and white to show deth.










For this design, I applied the principle of emphasis. I zoomed in on the rim and the spokes to show the details of thickness and three dimensional space. I applied a little bit of op art into this design with the contrast of black and white to define the space and how deep the spokes are converging inward.











For this design, I applied the principle of movement. The strips on top of the mirror is suppose to represent the op art illusion of space. It should show how the car is at fast speed and the reflections from the surrounding lights. Also, the strips represent how the mirror curves, detailing a three dimensional object. The reflections within the mirror show how fast the car is traveling at.










For this design, I applied the principle of balance. I made this one balance because of how still and calm the design is. This is actually the bottom air intake of a car, which is part of the bumper, and the light is actually a fog light. The lines shooting out of the center of the light is suppose to show an illusion of space. The viewer's eyes are suppose to be drawn into the center of the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment