Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Project #2



These are my pictures for design project #2. My theme was music festival posters becuase I have a passion for music, love to go to music festivals, and every festival incorporates so much art into the event, so it's a combination of my two passions. As inspiration I looked at push pins studios and milton glaser. The Coachella one to the right is an emphasis of economy inspired by the bob dylan poster. I also used similar design elements in the love fest one which is balance. I infused the text as part of the picture (her afro). The Do Lab one represents motion with the flowing hair blowing of bubbles. This one was actually inspired by an actual picture of myself at the Do Lab in Coachella. The Warped Tour one is also balance. This was inspired by an actual warped tour poster. I was very happy with my outcome, but if i were to improve i would add more contrast and more of a focal point in my pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment