Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Poster Project: Whitney Wiese

For this project, I was given ITS (International Typography Style) and theater. ITS is known for its clean, simple and legible characteristics. I wanted my poster to posses those qualities. I liked how my poster had a simple design layout with little going on. The hat and the layered rectangles were two symbols that worked for Wizard of Oz. I used different shades of green tracing paper to emulate the Emerald City. The yellow strip is purposely going off the edge of the poster in order to replicate the never ending yellow brick road. The only thing I would change on my poster is the use of red as the title. The red was intended to symbolize the ruby red slippers but a shade of green might have been more pleasing to the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment