Friday, November 27, 2009

Poster Project

For my assignment I was given the the theme of sports and the style of postmodernism. So I decided to create a poster for the LA Marathon. I tried to capture the essence of LA, including the grungy yet shiny cityscape, its beaches, the Pacific Coast Highway, and neighborhoods downtown. I had it so it looked like the city was literally running. I was inspired by postmodern artists such as Paula Scher and Neville Brody. While my design was not as busy as theirs, I tried to take the freeflowing, daring style of postmodernism. My font choice was also inspired by postmodernism. Though people in the class took issues with the lowercase a, I did that to imitate the style, but perhaps I shouldn't have. Overall, I'm happy with my project. If I could change a few things it would be to rearrange the fonts and maybe change the font. I would also put a couple more saturated colors in, maybe in the font. And the other place would be to make the shoes more saturated and brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment