Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jessica Snow



Earlier on during the poster design project, I have mentioned Jessica Snow because she is one of the artists who inspires me. I love her workpieces because they are all delicate, yet edgy and solid with their own bold colors. Her works are also collage-like which I have been into because I like how the piece is abstract, yet it flows all together as one piece. There are dimensions and a 3-d effect to Snow's work because of the use of layering and color that are evenly scattered across the canvas. Movement and arrangement are also very well spread throughout her pieces which brings attention to one specific area of her works. I enjoy looking at Snow's pieces because the colors work really well together and I really think that the way she spaces and arranges her works are essential. There are different shapes and movement going in all different directions which allows me to guide my eyes through and allows me to glance throughout the piece. I love all of her delicate pieces because of the rapid movement and the subtleness allows it to be free-flowing and soft. Jessica Snow is definitely one of my favorite artists.

2 comments:

  1. these look to me like maps of a world where there is so much trust and desire and honesty that language is able to penetrate everything and clear up all misunderstandings such that every minute the world is reborn.

    ReplyDelete