Thursday, April 29, 2010

MOMA-San Francisco

Over spring break, I went to the anniversary show at the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in San Francisco. It was pretty cool.







This was one of my favorite pieces at the show. What first caught my eye was its size. You can't really tell but it was about as tall as the room. Its texture was incredible as well. I could tell that the artist had packed on layers upon layers of thick paint which made for a really awesome composition with great movement.















I also really liked this piece by Andy Warhol because it was the first of his works that I've been able to see in person. Also, around the time I visited MOMA I'd been studying up on his work as research for our poster project. I really like how he takes such seemingly simple concepts and makes them into complex, colorful works of art.








This piece was really cool as well. It's a sharpie drawing of part of San Francisco. This reminded me of the sketches we had to do for some of our previous projects that were all inked in. I was really able to appreciate the artist's attention to detail and I think that understanding is really what drew me to the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment