Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Introduction

Hi!!
My name is Tatum McInerney and I am a freshman Fine Arts major with a focus in drawing/painting. In high school I did primarily drawing and painting but also took classes in architecture and digital photography. I also learned a little bit about graphic design through being the graphic designer of the school paper but the majority of the things I did was simple photoshop and layout on indesign. My favorite artist is probably Yoshitomo Nara but I also love Chuck Close, and Santiago Ydanez. In the spring I did a portrait of my little brother (I will attach a picture) that was inspired by Santiago Ydanez's work. It was one of my favorite pieces to do just because it was very experimental and I typically was more interested in drawing and not painting. Although its definitely not my favorite of the things I have done in the past, it was probably one of my favorite experiences creating a work because the mistakes I made actually added to the overall goal of the piece. Here is the website for the artist I was inspired by (Santiago Ydanez): http://www.santiagoydanez.com/es/index.php?id=2&year=2004

No comments:

Post a Comment