Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Introduction...Better Late Than Never?

Hello Sunshine!
My name is Amanda Geiger. I am a sophomore majoring in Business Administration (marketing emphasis) and minoring in Communication Design.  I have never had any formal art class experience, however, my mom owns a paint-your-own pottery studio in Spokane, Washington, so I have grown up around art and really love creating! Arts In Healing was an interest of mine during high school, so I started Artful Purpose--a program dedicated to providing disadvantaged and hospitalized children with opportunities to create art.  I also sell pottery on my etsy shop--Bluebird Pottery.  While I was initially extremely intimidated by this class, I am so glad that I took it.  I have grown so much since our first "line project."  This class has served as both a creative escape from my boring quantitate business classes and a compliment to my marketing class.  I found myself spending hours on design and really enjoying the process (except for the painstaking grey scale....that was rough.)  Design has sharpened my critical thinking skills and challenged my mind and perceived boundaries and limitations of the world around me.  I am excited because I have realized how intrinsically dependent upon each other design and business are.  I think my experience with both areas of study will serve me well as a pursue a creative business career.  




No comments:

Post a Comment