Monday, February 23, 2009

Culver City Galleries

My photos uploaded in reverse order for some reason, but it's all good. I believe the above is a photograph of a hospital hallway, but I was initially drawn to it because of its simple but very harmonious color scheme. I like how you cannot really tell what it is a composition of, but it's beautiful regardless.



I loved this gallery even though I didn't really know what was going on. My shoes inadvertently ended up in the shot but I thought it made for a cool little composition. The blue light installations are gorgeous, though.



I think my favorite piece throughout all the galleries we ventured through. There's just something so perfect about this photograph of two intertwined hands. I like how the grayscale is very well balanced, and I also like how, even though the arms directly cut across the diagonal, there's almost something grotesque about two naked arms protruding from the corner of the page that brings a lot of dimension into the photograph.




I loved the Yoshitomo Nara exhibit. His work just makes me fall in love with the whole, Japanese pop art movement, the way his characters are a little creepy but all have this ethereal, cherubish quality to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment