Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Project 2 by Hila

When we were first assigned this project I drew 120 images endlessly that were really boring. Thankfully Sherin told us to pick an artist to mimic our images off of...I could not directly choose one. Shephard Fairey had the biggest impact 
on me when we researched him and I also began to envision pieces that were inspire by work by Roy Lichtenstein (i.e. movement design).

I sat and just googled images so I can draw some inspiration off of.
For Balance I really liked this: For Movement I really liked this image of my friend smoking hookah, I decided to mimic this but distort it into a design inspired by Roy Lichtenstein: 

For Economy I felt like this image was great along with a bunch of other poses Rihanna did in her "Umbrella" music video:
For Repetition I wanted to use this rose/eye image I used in a painting I did in high school. I took the template and elaborated it more:

What resulted were these designs:
Repetition - I added a quote I manipulated that Nouri actually had told me earlier in the week...

I took the image of my friend smoking hookah and I changed it through using an image I saw of a woman Roy Lichtenstein did...after I completed it I realized I needed more movement within the smoke so I kept adding curves:
Balance was the first design I began for this project. I love the movie American Gangster, so naturally this image was one of my favorites and I thought it was so cool...


For Economy I took the different poses of Rihanna 
and came up with this...which ended up being my easiest cutout lol

No comments:

Post a Comment