Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Art v. Design

I feel that design is considered an art form regardless of the intentions of the artist. Whatever we do as human beings, we all create something in our daily lives, naturally, physically, and mentally. If you look at it in that perspective everything can be a potential art form. Living as individuals gives us our own unique design in its own. One may not consider design, often something unappealing, to not be an art form, but I feel anything can be art, and design until you perceive it not to be.

3 comments:

  1. This is completely true. I agree with what you mean. I guess both art and design can only be define from a person's own perspective. It is differently interpreted from person to person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also believe this to be true. Some things thought to be art by one individual can be, to another, only design. Its all about perspective and interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what you said. To me, both art and design are intertwined elements and cannot so easily be separated, although a traditional academic setting may try to provide a hard line between the two.

    ReplyDelete