Wednesday, December 9, 2009

LA Auto Show











I went to the LA auto show on thursday to see what types of new concepts they had for this year. After seeing Objectified, I looked at design from a completely different perspective. No matter what the design, car, shoes, or just everyday materials, I feel that design is something that makes the world. Well, for my experience at the LA auto show, as I walked around the futuristic vehicles on displayed, I can really see what it means to be a designers. Take for example the BMW vision efficient concept( the picture). As I examined this car, I actually feel what the ex- BMW director Chris Bangles was talking about. Cars display our emotions. It, by itself, has a lot of emotions already. For example, all the curvatures it has portrays a very fast and aggressive emotion. In objectified, it also talked about the front and the rear of the car looking like some type of facial expression. In this vision efficient concept, I see it, the agressive shark looking from end, and the almost angry face in the rear. Having never seen car from this point of view, I was astonished to discover so many new characteristics of car. To me, this car also is like an avatar for the person driving it. This person would be someone opulent, fascinated with car, and like to speed. Not only does it correlate with emotion, but it can go with harmony too because of the way it curves. The way the wind flows when driving the car is really harmonious and somewhat in a way can be describe as a melody. Overall, the video really did show me the world of design in a different scope, one that I didn't look from in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment