Thursday, December 10, 2009

Poster 3


My poster was for a book with an art nouveau style. I chose to do Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I created this poster by first drawing out Alice and then scanning it into Illustrator. I also used a picture to create the tree and made the ears and pocket watch myself. I tried to imitate the Beggarstaffs' style while adding some traditional art nouveau elements such as the border and the type. I had trouble making Alice look less awkward. I think the face is a little off, as well as the hair. In retrospect, I think that I should have attached the ears to the "A" in Alice to incorporated it into the title more. Also, I would adjust where things are placed so that the text is not as hard to see and I would take out the leaves in the border. Lastly, I think I would have adjusted the colors so that they were a little more bright.

1 comment: