Monday, December 7, 2009

Poster Project


For my project, I was given the theme of books for 1950s/high modern. The book I chose to create a poster for was Black Wind, a book by Clive Cussler. This is an adventure novel filled with suspense and secrets that are slowly revealed as the reader continues to the end of the book. Through this design, I researched on many artist such as Chip Kidd. His work showed me a lot about simplicity and how I should convey the true meaning of the book. As you can see from the poster, the design of lines at the bottom getting smaller portrays a hidden secret that is in the book. The image of the boat shows that the book talks a lot about marine life and how the main environment of the book is in the ocean. The yellow sun in the back give a more political aspect to the poster. Because the book talks about Japan in the past and how the Japanese carried out a secret mission to bomb the US with its deadly weapon. My font choice was inspired by 1950s, just basically coming out right type of style and boldly showing the title. The blue background is suppose to have a little marine environment connotation to it. I had use the colors yellow and blue because I wanted to have a strong contrast between a warm color and cold color.

No comments:

Post a Comment