Tuesday, August 31, 2010

GREETINGS.


My name is Alyssa Hargrave and I'm a sophomore animation student in the cinema school. I am inspired by SO MANY things, I don't believe there's one topic I could post about that would sufficiently define who I am.
But since I do have to post something, I've decided to share my love of words with you.
Words inspire me emotionally and visually. I'm a big literary nerd and would totally be a novelist if it put bread on the table. (Not that animation is a whole lot more practical, but...)
I have a series on my Tumblr blog in which I choose a daily word that I find interesting and match it with an image I've found on the www. The real artistic expression comes in the relationship between the word and the image I've chosen, and I've found that, just as putting salt in your boiling noodle water enhances the flavor of the noodles, matching an image with a word heightens the flavors of that word. Here are a few samples:





I'll post more of these in the next couple weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment