Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hi! My name is Nesma Madkour. I'm majoring in Business with an emphasis in Marketing and Advertising. I hope on upholding a minor in Communication Design, Which I hope to pursue one day in the fashion industry. It's kind of weird how I decided I wanted to take my hobbies and fulfill them into a career. It actually never once crossed my mind that I would become a Business major. I wanted to major in Biology and go into pre-med, for my entire childhood. My passion was becoming a doctor. I was so sure of it. That was until I got accepted to USC. I took one semester of Biology classes. Then I realized that I wouldn't be able to do this for the next 8 years because, like any other normal person, school isn't for me. Therefore, the following semester I took a class just for fun. Art History. Shortly after the first week of the course, I figured out what I wanted to do. Something with art and design. I love dressing up, planning, styling outfits, photography, and sketching. Why not give my interests an opportunity to grow and become something bigger?  This all leads up to why I brought a fashion blog to class. Modiris is a fashion blog my sister started about a year ago. She had so many ideas and needed some help to start it. I thought, why not? I then helped with the marketing,and  added some insight on certain colors, as well as prints on an outfit. She had me take part in planning where the photo shoots were to be taken place and let me take the photos. Helping her Work on this blog has pushed me towards what I'm really passionate about. It gave me a whole new perspective on the Fashion design industry. Since it was my first real fashion project, I thought it would be a great idea to give you my outlook and what fashion design means to me. 
The blog : http://www.modiris.blogspot.com/?m=1

Also, here are some photos I photographed as well as collaborated on with the outfit/styling: 





No comments:

Post a Comment