Monday, January 19, 2015

Overseas Inspiration

Hello Everyone!

My name is Taylor and I am from Orange County. I am currently a Communications major, however I hope to incorporate design into my schedule somehow (maybe as a minor). As I shared in class, my inspiration comes from my traveling experiences. Last class I brought in a string of camels that I got from Dubai and that I currently use as wall decor in my room. I thought this decoration was important to bring into class because it gave my peers a better idea of what style I am into and what sort of ambiance I prefer to surround myself with, which is typically Bohemian themed. I also thought it was important to bring this piece in because it demonstrates what inspires me, which are my memories from all my travels. I buy the same type of colorful stringy wall decoration each time I travel abroad, and each piece I have demonstrates a different culture by incorporating birds or elephants instead of camels. I hope the class enjoyed my explanation of what inspires me, and here is a picture of a piece of work that is similar to the one I brought into class.

No comments:

Post a Comment