Wednesday, August 25, 2010

draplin design company














I don't endorse many things at the risk of being one of those people who endorse too many things, but I endorse the Draplin Design Company. What they stand for: Nostalgia, simplicity, wiener dogs. Their tools: Industrial Chic, Futura Bold, and an American sense of humor. Their trade: Logos, Merch, and Pride in the "let's look backwards in time for inspiration" aesthetic.
You may have seen him on the inspirational design call to arms video "Why America Is F***ed"; or you may have seen his design baby: the Field Notes brand of pocketbooks; or even on the side of a highway (he had a hand in the Recovery and Reinvestment Act Logo).
I see him every time I see an old sign, crusty and forgotten, with bold letters and a warm, worn feel. I think, yeah, he would have liked that.
What I'm saying sounds like a commercial, but I have little else to say. This guy rocks big time.

1 comment:

  1. really good find. i love the simplicity in the identity work. and multiple thumbs up for the futura bold. :)

    ReplyDelete