Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hello

Hello! I am Michelle Armstrong. I am pursuing a major in fine arts with an emphasis in drawing and a minor in animation. Since I was a child I have always love to draw. I especially enjoy drawing figures and animals. I would like to be a character designer for an animation studio. I have been interested in animation for many years now. I like mostly 2D works such as Disney and Miyazaki animations; however, I also enjoy Pixar and other 3D animations. My new favorite 3D film is How to Train Your Dragon. Some of my favorite animations include: Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke (Mononoke Hime).

I know I have a long way to go to improve my art and I hope this class can help aid me to accomplish my goals!

I really love giraffes and thus love to draw them. I included two of my drawings that I have done from looking at photographs I found on the web. I would like to continue to do more giraffe pieces that express a mother-child love.
class.)
I am also currently learning Japanese. I really like the language and hope to return to Japan again and be able to explore the country in greater depth. (In case you are wondering...my username is in Japanese on blogspot because I originally used this website for my Japanese class.)


One of my favorite artists is Rubens. I really love the movement in his paintings; everything seems to be swept elegantly towards a vortex. His work is so mesmerizing. I also like such sculptures as The Rape of the Sabine Women and the Laocoon. I love the detailed and precise anatomy and curving flow of movement displayed in such Hellenistic and Mannerist pieces. After seeing these pieces in person I was even more amazed by them, but I wish the people in the group I went with had appreciated art more so I could had shared my enthusiasm! However, this year I am looking forward to being with other people who love and appreciate art and design!

No comments:

Post a Comment