Thursday, August 26, 2010

Victoria Hoff

Hi! I'm Victoria, a freshman fine arts major! I'm so excited to start my art career here at SC. I've always created art more by way of painting and drawing, but I would like to explore design and photography over the next four years. I find my inspiration everywhere, but especially in nature and I love people-watching too!
One of my favorite artists of all time is Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. His posters and prints for the Moulin Rouge and other nightlife places in Paris are so revolutionary and gritty for his time. Here is one of my favorites:

La Goulue (1891)


Another favorite artist is Alphonse Mucha. I had the opportunity to see an exhibition of his work in France last summer and I was blown away! I love the illusion of depth and texture that he creates in his prints and posters:


Cycles Perfecta (1897)

I focused on texture as the concentration for my AP portfolio during senior year of high school. Here is my favorite work that I created by dripping acrylic paint on a big canvas:
In Distress (2010)



No comments:

Post a Comment