Wednesday, August 25, 2010





Hello, my name is David Layton, and this is my first blog entry for Design Fundamentals FA 102. (It's also the first time I've ever posted anything on a blog in my life. Perhaps being in this 'wired' generation it's assumed we all have, but I'm not sure.) The two above images are my own art. The black and white one I created with black and white pastels on paper, and the colored one is oil paint on canvas. I have always loved photorealism and have aspired all my life to honing my abilities in this. One of my favorite artists is Edward Hopper, famous for his Nighthawks painting (featured in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.) His paintings portray reality, but with very distinctive moods, which I love. I especially love images that feature high contrast and depth, focused on lights and darks. My favorite medium is oil paint... and that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment