Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Intro :)



HI! I'm Gabrielle Mahdesian and, as a freshman fine arts major, I am excited to expand my artistic horizons and learn about more contemporary works...With an emphasis on drawing and painting I am fairly new to the art scene, but I've always loved art ever since I was little and visited the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam. Though my style is nothing like his, I was immediately drawn to his bold colors and thick brush strokes. Van Gogh's work definitely got me thinking about the process of HOW art is made for the first time.

However, my favorite type of art is more of the French impressionism because I find it extremely aesthetically pleasing...and I want to learn how to break out of my comfort zone to make something look so soft and beautiful with such broad brush strokes and colors! Most of my work is more particular and detailed, which is probably why I have such an appreciation for the impressionist artists. Some of my favorites are definitely Renoir, Monet, and Degas.

I love to travel and actually studied drawing and art history for
a summer in Florence where I was definitely inspired
to study art in college. I kind of jumped into AP studio art my senior year and fell in love with it, so hopefully I can keep it up and try tons of different styles! I am really hoping I will learn to be more conceptual with art throughout college and let go of my compulsive precision a little bit. Here are a few of my AP concentration paintings:


No comments:

Post a Comment