Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Carmen Tan: An Introduction

Good morning, everyone!

My name is Carmen, and I was born and bred in the lovely city of Los Angeles,  California.  I am currently an Undeclared sophomore at USC, but I plan to transfer into Roski in either the Spring or Fall of 2014.

I have been interested in art ever since I was a child, and used to take drawing and sculpture classes at the LAUSD Conservatory of Fine Arts for several years.  My interest in design is rooted in my fascination with Fashion, as well as the various doodles and scribbles I used to cover my notebooks with.  As a web designer, I am very interested in how design can be used in a more technological aspect, and am eager to explore more of its concepts in this class.

One of the largest inspirations for my art is Alternative music, especially music that is particularly dark and poetic.  I also love bright colors and the way they juxtapose against the darkness, and thus, many of my paintings, drawings, etc. tend to be very colorful and vibrant.  Here are some of my pieces:


2 comments:

  1. Endless possibilities with design and technology. :) I really like the first picture! Love the vibrance and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen, I love the surrealism of the first piece! Very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete