Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Introducing Vanessa

Hello all!

I'm Vanessa, a sophomore studying Communication with a minor in marketing and potential minor in communication design. My intention with all of those different fields of study is to develop creative skills at Roski, practical skills at Marshall, and an overarching vision and direction at Annenberg. I'm originally from San Francisco, but spent half my life growing up in Shanghai attending an international school, so my background is very much international. I'm very much a third culture kid, as I identify as American in some aspects and Chinese in other aspects, but I have full ownership in neither of those cultures. A little more about me--I love people, travel, and food!

My interest in design started in high school when I began working on the yearbook. I had never considered myself an artsy or creative person (and still don't in some aspects), but I discovered the world of design and realized I didn't have to be great necessarily at drawing or painting to have a creative side. Since then, my interests have peaked in graphic design, industrial design and interior design. In light of that, here is a little sushi sampler of a few pieces that inspire me; enjoy!






























































































1 comment:

  1. It looks like you like flat design a lot! I like it, too. Creative Bloq, a blog site put on by Computer Arts magazine had a cool article on flat design stuff that works. You should check it out: http://www.creativebloq.com/design/flat-design-11135360

    ReplyDelete